Making France the leader in sustainable tourism
Launched on Monday 10 May 2021, this citizen consultation is the initiative of many players in the tourism sector: the Comité de filière tourisme including Atout France, the FNHPA, the Banque des territoires, ADN tourisme, Acteurs du tourisme durable, Teragir, with the support of the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the Alliance France tourisme, the Agir pour un tourisme responsable network, the syndicat des Entreprises du voyages, and the Association pour un tourisme équitable et solidaire (Association for Fair and United Tourism)...
Nicolas Dayot, President of the FNHPA (National Federation of campsites) and President of the Sustainable Tourism Commission of the Tourism Sector Committee, points out that this consultation will make it possible to prioritise the various actions but also to make France the leader in sustainable tourism.
Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary of State for Tourism, stated that in an "international environment of very competitive recovery, France must maintain its position as the leading international tourist destination, thanks to an excellent and sustainable offer".
Quite a programme, isn't it?
Concrete actions for action
The objective is to propose concrete and priority actions on which French tourism stakeholders must act in order to make this industry more sustainable and responsible at national level. It is the citizens, both French and international, who are at the heart of the actions to be proposed, the most popular of which will start to be implemented from the summer of 2021!
A few hours after the launch of the consultation, 40 proposals have already been published. Among them, we find
- Kate, 55 years old: We must encourage the consumption of local products in short circuits
- Edouard, 45: French regions should increase the use of public transport (regional trains, buses) and soft mobility
- Mike, 51 years old : We need to distribute tourists more evenly over the French territory to limit the pressure on natural environments
- Yasine , 30 years old : We must make biodiversity protection actions concrete and educational for tourists
- Paolo, 24 years old: Tourism professionals must encourage consumers to favour low-carbon modes of transport
You can add a new proposal, but above all give your opinion on the proposals made by citizens.
Participate now (choose your country !)